Charmed, I’m sure
The first thing to do was to assemble the chain, clip and eyelet. Using two pairs of long-nose pliers, I gently opened up the links at either end of the chain, and also opened and discarded the one on the clip.
I found that to close up the end links again, it was easiest to use a small vice.
Rather than screw the eye straight into the figurine, I drilled a small hole into the head (no ponies were hurt during this process), using a 2mm drill so that the eyelet would screw in easily.
I also put a small amount of Super Glue onto the thread of the eyelet, so that it would not easily come out again.
And there it is; all done and finished. Yay!