Return of the MAC

Last Saturday I popped up to London again for another session of Voice Coaching, and also to meet a friend for lunch.

I got up there in good time, met my friend, we had a light lunch, and then we went to the Westfield shopping centre at Shepherd’s Bush. It’s huge!!!

After what seemed like no time at all she had to dash off for a singing lesson, and I had a little time until my appointment, so I navigated myself to the MAC store because I needed a foundation creme compact. I’m not joking when I said ‘navigated’ as Westfield is so big I needed to use a touch-screen information kiosk which then gave me directions!

After a little more wandering around I suddenly realised that I had only 25 mins to get to my appointment (not a hope!) so set off as fast as my wedges would allow me (more on them later) and found the tube station, then began my journey to my appointment. At the other end was a bit of a walk and my feet were getting more and more sore. Also my wedges were trying to kill me as I went over on my ankle at least twice. I’m usually really stable in heels but wedges can be a bit tricky on uneven ground, especially on paving slabs that don’t line up. Eventually I got to my appointment 15 mins late, hot, flustered, stressed and out of breath. Fortunately she was running late and I was able to have 10-15 mins to calm down, cool down, and relax. Then we started the lesson and it went really well. At the end of the lesson I made another appointment, this time for a double session. I figured that if I am going all that way to London I may as well make the visit worthwhile.

After that I wanted to call in on another place, which ended up having a lot more walking than I expected (one of the tube changes was one of those stations where the two lines are separated by a really long walk) and there was more of a walk at the other end too. By the time I got there I was in agony and didn’t stay long. Then it was back to the tube station, onto a train where there were no available seats (I needed to sit down so badly!), a change, another train that was standing only, then even more walking to get myself back to where I had left the car (I went over on my ankle again too). I had blisters by the time I got home.

Anyway, it was a good day despite my wedges trying to kill me and my feet are starting to recover now.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.